My Teaching Philosophy
Teaching is not just a career for me, it is my passion! I believe in empowering children with the gift of knowledge. I have a strong passion to educate young minds and to help them blossom into well rounded, responsible, and successful individuals. I actively engage their eager minds by incorporating a variety of manipulative, enjoyable activities, and cooperative learning projects. In addition, I tailor lesson plans to meet their diverse interests, as well as demonstrate direct connections between the classroom and everyday life. I look forward to building a relationship with each student’s parents on a regular basis to promote parent participation in the educational process, reinforce education at home, and boost students’ self-confidence and self-esteem.
All About Mrs. Vaughan
- I was born in Vietnam and came to the United States when I was nine years old. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley.
- I went to Chase Elementary School, Sepulveda Middle School and graduated from Monroe High School.
- I completed my Bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies with a minor in ESL (English as a Second Language) at California State University, Northridge.
- I also earned a Master's degree in Cross Cultural Education.
- I'm married to Jack Vaughan and we have a son, Joshua.
- Joshua attended Dearborn Elementary Charter Academy (K-5) and is now in 9th grade at North Hollywood High School.
- We enjoy going to the beach, hiking, and spending time together.
- I have been teaching for over 15 years.
- I have taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades.
- This year, I am extremely excited to teach 4th grade.
- I'm looking forward to a WONDERFUL 2018-2019 school year!